A blockchain innovation with the goal of a green energy future
SunContract’s vision is to create a GEM – Global Energy sharing & trading Marketplace that allows each and every energy customer (residential, commercial and industrial) to interact directly with one another, without a need for intermediaries, allowing them to become more sustainable and energy self-sufficient.
Our blockchain application has successfully been in operation for 2+ years. Our energy clients include residential, industrial and commercial businesses in Slovenia – EU. Reducing the reliance of energy customers on fossil fuels is a major focus of SunContract’s efforts to mitigate climate change and we view blockchain as a promising technology for achieving this.
Clean. Green. Decentralised.
Our blockchain-based business model allows renewable energy producers to sell energy to the end customers directly. As a result of eliminating a central intermediary, we increase feasibility of renewables. This is because producers of renewable energy can raise their prices, while consumers can lower their prices at the same time.
However, it is largely centralised by a few corporations. As a result, energy retailers and wholesalers tend to participate in an oligarchy that negatively affects customers. Consequently, the contribution of energy customers is restricted to subscription of energy services as opposed to active participation on these energy markets.
But in the modern world where consumer behaviour is gravitating towards greater inclusion and environmental consciousness, this outdated system has a number of shortcomings and it needs to change. The goal of our innovation is to incentivise energy customers on both sides of the production and consumption equation to want to either produce cleaner energy or consume more of it.
We harness science and innovation to solve this
The replacement of energy suppliers with mathematical algorithms based on blockchain technology, smart contracts and artificial intelligence, removes margin costs which energy market participants have been subject to. It also allows these energy market participants to split amongst themselves the profits that the energy supplier would have otherwise received in the traditional business model.
SunContract’s blockchain based application is compatible with existing grid infrastructure and also compliant with the existing framework of legislations.
We support the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
A focus on
to support SDGs
- ICO activities
- Analyzing markets
- Legal matters
- ICO marketing
- API + Data gathering
- End of ICO
- Payouts bounty
- New team members/partners
- Registration of SPV for energy pool
- New exchanges
- Promotion of SNC currency
- API update
- Data to Blockchain
- Balance Group
- First trading with electricity
- Activities for first customers on the platform
- Testing platform
- First stage of the platform
- Mobile app
- Web app
- SunContract platform commercially deployed
- Launch event
- National level platform use
- New partnerships
- Introduction of fiat gateway
- Customers can pay on the platform with EUR
- Introduction of referral program
- Trade fairs
- Exchange listing
- Customer acquisition
- Energy producer events
- Euro-Asia tour
- 2nd stage of platform available
- Platform upgrade
- More prosumer sessions
- Trade fairs
- Partnership with local Municipality
- Commercial onboarding
- SunContract marks 1 Year anniversary
- Platform upgrade
- SunContract receives $2.1M EU Grant for R&D
- New electricity management portal
- New electricity packages: SunContract SIMPL and PREMIUM
- Onboarding of industrial and commercial energy customers
- Announces 5000+ registered users
- Opens new operational office in Estonia
- Introduced new electricity packages
- Lowered energy costs for local customers by up to 40%
- Financial Disclosure of Project
- Introduced revamped electrcity invoice
- Received €4.659M Horizon 2020 grant along with BRIGHT partners
- Approved Estonian Licence to become cryptocurrency wallet custodian
- Team grows by 10+ employees
- Tripled energy producer capacity contracts signed for 2021
- Launch of new SunContract website
- Development of a P2P retail-level cross-border energy tradingmarketplace infrastructure for crossborder P2P energy trading between countries
- Rolling out of new,global crypto services due to SunContract’s recently acquired Estonian cryptocurrency licence
- Onboarding of financial partners to facilitate internationalization of the SunContract Project
- Onboarding Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) experts to new platform’s horizon of services and working towards increased computational speed – making the platform scalable for 1M+ users
- Redesign of SunContract mobile apps to introduce new global services and products and improve user experience
- Market share expansion due to event driven architectural development of the platform that facilitates scalability of platform locally and internationally
Download the APP!
Start buying or selling energy using SunContract.
SunContract is the EASIEST way for producers and consumers of electricity to trade clean electricity, helping consumers save money and producers increase their profitability, and not at the expense of the environment.
Who are we?
We’ve partnered with some of the best companies in the industry to provide exceptional service to our customers.
Interested partners can contact us at:
We’ve piqued the interest of the Media! Here’s what they’re saying about us.
Interested media can contact us at:
Signed up for our exclusive newsletter?
Gain instant access to a series of valuable insights from the market, and empower yourself with knowledge that can help you seize control of your local energy market.