A blockchain innovation with the goal of a green energy future
SunContract’s vision is to create a GEM – Global Energy sharing & trading Marketplace that allows each and every energy customer (residential, commercial and industrial) to interact directly with one another, without a need for intermediaries, allowing them to become more sustainable and energy self-sufficient.
Our blockchain application has successfully been in operation from the year 2018. Our energy clients include residential, industrial and commercial businesses in Slovenia – EU. Reducing the reliance of energy customers on fossil fuels is a major focus of SunContract’s efforts to mitigate climate change and we view blockchain as a promising technology for achieving this.
Clean. Green. Decentralised.
Our blockchain-based business model allows renewable energy producers to sell energy to the end customers directly. As a result of eliminating a central intermediary, we increase feasibility of renewables. This is because producers of renewable energy can raise their prices, while consumers can lower their prices at the same time.
However, it is largely centralised by a few corporations. As a result, energy retailers and wholesalers tend to participate in an oligarchy that negatively affects customers. Consequently, the contribution of energy customers is restricted to subscription of energy services as opposed to active participation on these energy markets.
But in the modern world where consumer behaviour is gravitating towards greater inclusion and environmental consciousness, this outdated system has a number of shortcomings and it needs to change. The goal of our innovation is to incentivise energy customers on both sides of the production and consumption equation to want to either produce cleaner energy or consume more of it.
We harness science and innovation to solve this
The replacement of energy suppliers with mathematical algorithms based on blockchain technology, smart contracts and artificial intelligence, removes margin costs which energy market participants have been subject to. It also allows these energy market participants to split amongst themselves the profits that the energy supplier would have otherwise received in the traditional business model.
SunContract’s blockchain based application is compatible with existing grid infrastructure and also compliant with the existing framework of legislations.
We support the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
A focus on
to support SDGs
- Setting up a new P2P energy marketplace for dynamic pricing
- Rolling out a new, global crypto energy services
- Development of a P2P retail-level cross-border energy trading marketplace infrastructure for cross border P2P energy trading between countries
- Development of new AI based services
- UX upgrade and frontend redesign of SunContrct Mobile and Web Apps
- Market share expansion
- Platform upgrade specifically for self-sufficient villages
- Received an Energy Award from Slovenian national newspaper Finance
- Named as one of Europe’s Best Green Startups by Valuer Magazine
- Onboarding Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) experts to working towards platform scalability for 1m+ users
- Team increased by 30%
- Lowered energy costs for local customers by up to 40%
- Financial Disclosure of project
- Introduced revamped electricity invoice with savings included
- Received €4.659M Horizon 2020 grant along with BRIGHT partners
- Approved Estonian License to become cryptocurrency wallet custodian
- Team grows by 10+ employees
- Tripled energy producer capacity contracts signed for 2021
- Increasing of electricity sales for 50%, growth of clientele approx. 40%
- Partnership with local municipality
- Platform UX upgrade
- Along with SunContract partners received $2.1M EU Grant for R&D
- New electricity management portal
- Onboarding of industrial and commercial energy customers
- 5000+ registered users
- Opens new operational office in Estonia
- SunContract energy marketplace platform launches to the national market
- First trading with electricity
- Enabling electricity purchasing with SNC crypto tokens
- Mobile and Web App first version
- Introduction of fiat gateway to the SunContract platform
- SNC token listing on top global exchanges
- SunContract’s world introduction trough Euro-Asia tour through 18 countries
- Crowdfunding on blockchain completed
- Promotion of SNC token
- New Crypto Exchanges listing of SNC token
- Testing SunContract energy marketplace platform
- Balance Responsible Party in Slovenia established
- Analyzing markets
- Legal matters
- Blockchain in energy analysis
- API + Data gathering
- Crowdfunding preparation activities
Who are we?
On our blog
Join the Conversation: SunContract is on Discord
SunContract is expanding: our energy marketplace is coming to Croatia soon!
The Perfect Harmony: How NFTs Seamlessly Integrate into SunContract’s EcoSystem
Ask-Me-Anything: Gregor Novak on the Growth and Future Plans of SunContract
‘Environmental Project of the Year’ Awarded to SunContract! Here’s why it matters.
Unlocking the Power of Technology: Everything You Need to Know about Blockchain
Recap 2022: The SunContract energy marketplace is a winner even during the energy crisis
AMA: new services and changes in the energy market
SunContract supports self-sufficient communities
Radeče is the first self-sufficient city center in Slovenia
We’ve partnered with some of the best companies in the industry to provide exceptional service to our customers.
Interested partners can contact us at:
We’ve piqued the interest of the Media! Here’s what they’re saying about us.
Interested media can contact us at:
Signed up for our exclusive newsletter?
Gain instant access to a series of valuable insights from the market, and empower yourself with knowledge that can help you seize control of your local energy market.